Monday, October 25, 2021

Bronson, Charles - West Warren, VT

 

Charles Bronson
Brownsville #2 Cemetery
West Warren, VT
N 43° 28.331 W 072° 28.323


The grave of actor Charles Bronson is located in the northwest corner of Brownville No 2 Cemetery in the village of Brownsville in West Warren, VT. The ledger stone is inscribed:

Charles Bronson
November 3, 1921
August 30, 2003

Cherished Husband
and Father



NOTE: The ashes of his second wife, actress Jill Ireland, have been interred along with Bronson. However, her name does not appear on the marker.

Below is a popular memorial poem "Immortality", written by Clare Harner in 1934.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not here, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond's glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the autumn's gentle rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush.
I am the swift uplifting rush.

Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not here, I did not die.

Setting






No comments:

Post a Comment